Monday, February 24, 2014

Long Time No Blogging...

I am the world's worst blogger. It's okay though, I'm good with it. It's not as if I am working tons of ads and affiliated links on here, in fact I pride myself on having an ad-free blog. Some ad laden blogs are just a bit TOO much. I get that they are trying to make money, but it totally distracts from their actual blogging content. Of course this is just my .02. It's their blog and they can do as they like.

Okay let's see, project wise I have completed 21 since last checking in here and have begun at least 5 more...at least!

Let's show off the completed works of art:

Morticia (Boo Knits Halloween MKAL)
Needle and yarn


Black
This was such a fun knit and a wonderful bunch of people in the group on Rav to knit it with! 

Finished MKAL Boo Knits Morticia

small preview from blocking


Vanilla Scarf
Project info

Vanilla Scarf

One Row Handspun Scarf by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

Knitting

Endless Loop Scarves (Infinity Scarves)
Project info

Endless Wicked Loop Scarf

Crochet

    Needle and yarn

    6.5 mm (K)

    I have made a TON of these for gifts etc. (At least 20 or so.)



    Small Morticia for Sister in Law


    Team Fan Chevron Blanket for Father in Law
    Project info

    Team Fan Chevron Afghan

    Crochet

    father in law

      Needle and yarn

      6.0 mm (J)

      1456 yards, 792 grams 4 skeins = 1456.0 yards (1331.4m)


      1092 yards, 594 grams 3 skeins = 1092.0 yards (998.5m)


      Blue Bulky Yarn Booty
      Project info

      Blue Bulky Yarn Booty

      Bulky Yarn Booty by Juanita's Knit Shop, Longview

      Knitting

      me, but SIL loved them and swiped them

        Needle and yarn

        US 10 - 6.0 mm

        212 yards, 340 grams 2 skeins = 212.0 yards (193.9m)


        Blue

        I actually made two pairs of these, the blue pair was going to be mine, until SIL saw them and fell in love with how warm they were. The second pair was more colorful for my daughter.


        Quick Gift Slippers
        These are just too cute. I made two pairs of these as well. I had to alter the pattern just a smidge to bring the opening up a little higher.
        Project info

        Quick Gift Slippers

        Women's Ballet Slippers by Michele Gaylor

        Crochet




        It's amazing that with all this slipper making I did....I never did get to actually KEEP a pair for myself!!! I gave them/allowed them to be scooped up by non-makers. Heck, I can always whip up a pair for myself!  :)

        The ringing in of  the New Year brought us news of a 2014 deployment. It also brought the 2014 Crochet Mood Blanket CAL! Thanks to FROFUNKY for starting the ball rolling on this one!  I bet she never expected it to gain the momentum it has. Here is a link to the FaceBook Group. If you search crochet mood blanket, you will see a TON of crafty blogs showing off their squares.  

        The idea is to choose a color based on your mood for the day and hook or knit up a square. If you choose to do the square a day, ideally you would end up with 365 square blanket. Choose a square a week and you have 52 squares. Some of us makers are joining as we go along, others are waiting to the end. some are doing mood squares, others are choosing a color palette. Some are doing one blanket, others are doing more. It's really all up to the maker!  

        I have decided to do 4 blankets. One for Boy Wonder, one for Teen Queen, one for Rambo and one for myself. Here is a collage photo from my IG feed. The colorful one is for my daughter, Americana is mine (colors chosen to represent this year's deployment), Captain America is for my son, and the camo one is Rambo's.  



        I have fallen a bit behind on my #crochetmood2014 blankets. Had a couple commission orders come in and those take priority. :) 

        The one I am most behind on is Captain America. I fashioned together a pattern, now I have to recall what I did and write it down!   O_o   Signs of a bad designer: forgets to write down work!  hahahahah!

        I've whipped up a couple more Infinity scarves for Teen Queen. I figure she can use them at college, a hug from momma while she is hours and hours away from home. One for Valentine's and the other for St. Patrick's!  



        That's about it for now!  I've also whipped up a couple spa cloths to go along with some all natural bath & body products I made. I will post a pic of those in a follow up! 

        A follow up that will come before the end of the year... I promise!  :D

        Until then...STAY WICKED CRAFTY!!!

        1 comment:

        Unknown said...

        Look at all your amazing projects! :) You're an inspiring woman you are!
        Your Morticia knit is stunning! Teach me! ;)
        Thank you for the shout out by the way, very kind!
        Stacey (Frofunky)