Sunday, January 03, 2010

Another One Bites the Dust...

Another year put in the ground and another year older! 2009; I sure am glad to see you go.

Granted, I have endured rougher years than 09; however it just gets old having to face shitstorm after shitstorm. One of the best things to happen in 09, was Rambo coming home safe and sound from yet another deployment. I never get tired of being thankful for that!

As far as birthdays go; ever since I was 7 it seemed that it was the odd numbered years that were the roughest for me. However, over the years there have been a couple even numbered ones that snuck in there!

I must say, I have not felt any different since maybe 18 or 21. Maybe that's a good thing, or maybe that shows I haven't grown up. As the saying goes..."growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional". I firmly believe that, always have. Age is simply a number and you are only as old as you feel. I for one, most certainly do not feel like 40.

What
is forty supposed to feel like anyway?



My usual New Years Wishes I post on the bloggity blog....

My Wishes for you (as well as myself) this New Year

May you tread lightly on the Earth
May you see the glass as half full
Know that others have it worse than your worst day
Commit random acts of kindness, so that you may receive them
Smile, even when you feel like crying
Scream when you feel like screaming
And know that tomorrow is yet another day, you have the power to choose how you will react to the day...choose to be happy
Last but not least...JUST BREATHE!

Namaste



No comments: